Wednesday, February 16, 2011

17 February- Vidcast Reflection

Ashleigh Simmons

EDEL 3250

Vidcast Key Assignment

Colors- I Am A Rainbow
My group and I decided to do our vidcast on the colors for kindergarten students. The core curriculum is under fine arts. It is standard 1: Students will develop a sense of self. And objective 3: Develop and use skills to communicate ideas, information, and feelings. Underneath the objective 3 letter b. is where it gets more specific. It says students will recognize similar colors as being members of the family of reds, blues, and yellows and shapes as being similar to squares, circles, and triangles. We wanted to focus on the colors.
We chose this topic first of all because we thought it would be a fun one to do, and second of all because we thought making a vidcast of colors would be a good introduction to teaching colors in the kindergarten classroom. I really like the song we chose because it talks about each of the colors and something they can compare to. Music will definitely be a part of my classroom. I know that whenever I hear a catchy song I remember the lyrics whether it be a song for learning, or just a fun song. By putting this song to pictures that match the lyrics, we are helping them remember the colors better because we are engaging multiple senses all at once.
In my future classroom, I would like to use this video as an introduction to colors. Then I would use it as a review of colors. This is a song that the kindergartners could learn to remember their colors and start to compare their colors to other things. The one thing I remember in elementary school was always learning songs to remember things. I want to make music a part of my classroom as a learning tool. The song in this video could be one of the songs my students will learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment