Wednesday, April 20, 2011

21 April-Lessons Learned

I learned about media mobility. Media mobility is making media accessible and available anywhere at any time and how technology is getting closer to more media mobility.

I also thought the Did You Know; Shift Happens-Globalization; Information Age video was pretty cool. It brought up a lot of things I never thought of. Information such as: the 25% of China with the highest IQ's is greater than the total population of North America. I also found it interesting from that same video that the top 10 jobs for 2010 didn't even exist in 2004. It brought to my attention that we are preparing our students for jobs that don't even exist yet, preparing them for technology that hasn't been invented, and preparing them for problems that aren't problems yet. This means I need to stay up with all the new technology so I don't fall behind.

I guess I'm concerned with how fast technology is moving forward. It is growing exponentially. I am concerned with being able to keep up with the fast growth of technology. I feel like technology is supposed to make our lives easier, but as it exponentially grows, some may fall behind and then will be left doing things the hard way, or will make things more difficult trying to use the new technology.


No comments:

Post a Comment