Wednesday, January 19, 2011

20 January- Google Part 1

I am learning so much about Google that I didn't even know about. We went over Google Docs, Calendar, Spreadsheets, and Presentations. I thought each of these were so cool.

Google is such a wonderful, FREE resource that will help me as a student, a teacher, and a parent. I am so grateful we learned more about google. I have had a google account for about 3 years now and had no idea I could do any of this with it. In a way this makes everything so much easier. I don't have Microsoft Word on my computer, or a printer, so it has been a hassle having to email all my assignments to myself in the right format, and then print them at school, or take a thumb drive with me everywhere. Now I can just do the assignment anywhere and have access to it everywhere there is internet. This is definitely helpful to me as a student, and will be helpful to me as a teacher for the same reason.

Google will help me as a future teacher because you can do so much in one place. You can collaborate with other teachers on lesson plans, presentations, etc. Google will help me be a better teacher. I have not always loved technology because sometimes it scares me just because I don't always know how to use it. But google seems so simple to use and can definitely be a good resource. I will just need to explore it a little more and get the hang of everything it has to offer. I love the collaboration part of google docs. It blows my mind! I love how more than one person can work on the same document at the same time, or even at different times. This will help with team assignments that we can give to students, much like the one we just did in class. I already love google so much more now!

No comments:

Post a Comment