Thursday, October 24, 2013

Tiering

We discussed Tiering in our class the other day and I have found that it is very important in differentiation. We compared tiering to a wedding cake and how each layer is different, but they all serve the same purpose.They have the same ingredients, but are not all the same measurements. I found this to be a very helpful visual to show that as a teacher, as I tier, I need to focus on the needs of each student while guiding them all to the same end goal. They may all start at different places, but with tiering, I can guide them all in towards the same end goal. Tiering is a way to teach one concept while meeting the diverse needs of all of my students. I found this video which helped me understand a bit of the framework of tiering.

Here it is
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xrdW45web0

1 comment:

  1. I'd love to find a really GOOD video about tiered instruction. This one was okay... but your own reflection about what you could do is better! (3 pts.)

    ReplyDelete